Mowglis School of the Open – A summer camp like no other
Our “School of the Open” program is based on the timeless values of honesty, integrity, compassion, and respect for others (including Mother Earth). Pursuit of these values lays the foundations for everything we do.
Over seven weeks this summer, your son will experience a transformation. He may look the same when he returns home, but you’ll notice the change in subtle yet powerful ways:
- You’ll see it when your son stands tall in an unfamiliar place while making eye contact and shaking hands with strangers.
- You’ll see it when he asks to for a new hiking boots for his birthday instead of the latest smartphone.
- You’ll see it when he divvies up a group project and sets deadlines to keep team members on track.
- You’ll see it when he says, “Here Mom, let me dry those dishes for you.”
- You’ll see it when he calls a friend who just lost a parent every day for a month, just to remind him he’s not alone in his hardship.
- You’ll see it when he shows up a half hour early to run extra laps before soccer practice.
The Camp Mowglis Mission
The mission of Camp Mowglis is to develop integrity, empathy, resilience, and leadership in young men through the time-tested and fun outdoor experiential program and community we call the “School of The Open”.