Mowglis camping families know first-hand the benefits our summer camp offers boys. Leadership development is a prime goal of our overnight camp program. For teens who want to expand their skills, we offer the Yearling outdoor leadership camp program for boys 15-16. We designed this three-week leadership development program for Mowglis graduates as well as new attendees seeking leadership growth.
Expand Outdoor Knowledge
Our Yearling program is fun, fast-paced, and challenging. Located in New England, 3 hours from Boston, 5-6 hours from New York and Pennsylvania, in central NH near Maine and Vermont, our facilities offer teens the ideal opportunity to expand their knowledge of the outdoors. Here, in our beautiful unplugged outdoor environment, they can connect with the world around them without the distraction of technology. Participants should have a strong love of the outdoors. Most Yearling activities take place on our surrounding grounds, including:
- Backpacking, hiking, and whitewater rafting
- Trip and industry planning for Yearlings and younger campers, and later leading those activities
- Team building exercises
- Community service projects like trail clearing and splitting wood for donation to the elderly
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) training and CPR instruction
Accelerate Leadership Potential
Each Yearling camping activity ensures a strong leadership foundation and prepares teens for their role as future camp leaders:
- Unexpected and challenging situations like caring for injuries and resolving squabbles pushes boys out of their comfort zone, building confidence and independence.
- Scheduling activities, bathroom breaks, and meals cultivates organizational skills.
- Leading campers through daily challenges while evaluating proficiency, recognizing potential, and inspiring success fosters management potential.
- Finding flexible, creative solutions that work to everyone’s benefit helps teens see the value of compromise and investing in others and how group success empowers individual campers and builds lasting bonds.
What Lies Beyond: Building Junior Staff and Community Leaders
We fill upcoming junior staff positions by invitation, offering opportunities to top Yearlings. In this role, they hone their skills and take on further responsibilities, including additional industry and kitchen duties, and improving group dynamics to foster camper engagement and set the stage for a great summer camp experience. Many of our exceptional junior staffers return to take on senior staff positions, later progressing to influential roles at work or in the community after their summer camp journey, applying the skills they learned at boy’s overnight camp in the real world.
Develop the skills necessary to ensure future success at our outdoor leadership camp for boys 15-16. Contact Camp Mowglis at 603-744-8095 to learn more about this exciting leadership development opportunity today.