Employment Opportunities at Camp Mowglis
Summer Camp Counselor
Being a camp counselor at Mowglis is one of the most fun and rewarding jobs you will ever hold. It is a commitment of time and energy that is not only worthwhile but also looks great on your resume. Working at Mowglis will develop your leadership, communication, and teamwork skills, and you will form lifelong bonds of friendship with your fellow counselors.
On top of all the amazing experiences you’ll have as a member of the Mowglis Team, we offer great (above average) pay and all your living expenses will be covered while you’re working at camp – so you keep what you earn. In addition, we have a suite of benefits that include pro-deals on gear and continuing education & advanced certifications to help you continue on your path to becoming an outdoor or education professional!
Positions we are currently interviewing for include:
- Wilderness Trip Leaders
- General Camp Counselors
- Camp-Craft / Primitive / Survival Skills Teachers
- Social Media Specialists
- Photographers and Videographers
- Administrative Assistants
- Waterskiing Instructors
- Woodworking Assistants
If you are a fun, responsible person committed to youth development and outdoor education interested in making a positive impact on the lives of our campers, please complete our short staff interest form.
Mowglis is an equal opportunity employer.
- Be at least 19 years old and have completed one year of college
- Desire to affect positive change in boys and young men
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team-oriented atmosphere
- Create a safe living and learning environment for campers
- Promote the health and welfare of each person in the camp community
- Be a person of good character, integrity, maturity, and self-control
- Display enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Be self-motivated, take initiative to work independently
- Show adaptability, patience, and good sportsmanship
- Have tons of energy and a desire to have fun
- Be an ambassador for Mowglis and the camp experience
Some of the job responsibilities include:
- Be a fun, responsible, caring, empathetic, trustworthy, hardworking team-player
- Teach or lead one of the camp activities (generally specializing in one area)
- Guide groups of boys participating in all aspects of camp life
- Live with and supervise groups of boys in their cabins/dormitories
- Dine with and supervise groups of boys at mealtimes
- Supervise and assist during cabin/dormitory chores
- Lead day hikes and overnight backpacking trips
- Fully participate in camp life when not leading an activity/industry
- Embrace the all-encompassing and awesome role & responsibility of being a camp counselor for the summer
- Be an amazing, inspirational role model, showing the campers what it means to live the Golden Rule and act with integrity.
Mowglis Boys Summer Camp Counselor – Job Description
To access the Online Mowglis Staff Application please go here.