What to Pack for Camp Mowglis
All of our uniform items will be available for direct purchase from our vendor, Everything Summer Camp. Please note that you are welcome to purchase extra uniform items.
Please be prepared to label this uniform with a permanent marker when you receive it. Campers need to arrive at camp in their (daily) uniform.
- 1 Gray Mowglis Polo Shirts
- 2 T-Shirt with Mowglis logo
- 1 Mowglis Short-Sleeve Hiking Shirt – Synthetic Fabric
- 1 Mowglis Long-Sleeve Hiking Shirt – Synthetic Fabric
- 1 Pair Gray Dress Shorts
- 3 Pair Blue Daily Shorts
- 1 Gray Fleece
- 1 Gray D-Ring Belt
- 1 Gray Fleece Hat
- 1 Pair Blue Dress Socks
Camper Packing List
- 10 gray color t-shirts, free of logos or designs
- 10 pair of underwear
- 10 pair gray or white athletic socks
- 4 pair hiking socks, wool or synthetic recommended
- 1 pair synthetic (non-cotton) long underwear, pants & shirt
- 2 pair pajamas
- 1 bathrobe
- 2 swimsuits
- 1 rain poncho or rain jacket with hood
- 2 pairs of sneakers
- 1 pair hiking boots
- 1 pair flip-flops or sandals
- 3 blankets, wool or fleece recommended, solid colors only, (sheets and blankets are available to those traveling long distance and wishing to save on packing space)
- 4 single sheets, non-fitted, or non-elastic
- 2 pillowcases
- 1 pillow
- 2 bath towels
- 1 beach towel
- Mowglis will supply your son’s laundry bags as each age group has a specific color bag
- 1 duffel bag for packing overnight trips (boys 12 and under)
Often the same duffel that is used for transportation to Mowglis is sufficient. A trunk will not work. This bag is meant to be carried to base camp for overnight use on three-day trips.
- 1 synthetic sleeping bag with stuffsack
- 1 foam sleeping pad, such as the Therm-a-Rest pad, click here
- 1 mountain biking helmet (Akela and up), click here
- 2 one-liter water bottles (VERY IMPORTANT – please be sure to identify your child’s water bottles clearly. There will be a $5 charge each time camp has to supply a water bottle to your child if they lose theirs.)
- 1 bowl and spoon or spork for overnight trips
- 1 flashlight, with extra batteries
- 1 backpack for overnight trips for boys 12 and older. This needs to be a sturdy overnight pack designed to be worn for several days in a row. L.L. Bean and R.E.I. are two possible sources. Please contact camp if you need help finding one. Brand names include Kelty, Mountainsmith, Jansport, Lowe, Gregory, DanaDesigns, and Eureka. A good size is between 3500 and 4500 cubic inches.
- 1 daypack for carrying lunch and water bottles for day trips. This is a typical school size pack.
- Toiletries, including toothbrush, soap, shampoo
- Stationery and personal reading material
- Insect repellent
- Any personal medications (these to be turned over to the nurse upon arrival)
For Denites only
- 1 dress jacket, dress shirt, tie, and pants for Graduates Dinner
- Baseball Glove
- Tennis Racket
- Ping Pong Paddle
- Gray Sweatpants or Wind Pants
- Lacrosse Stick
NOTE: The following items are not permitted at camp: hand-held games, MP3 players, cell phones, radios, and other electronics.
Mowglis is an affiliate with Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS). Get the gear you want and help the Mowglis Trip Program! Mowglis will receive a percentage of your purchase at no cost to you.