Why should you send your child to Camp Mowglis? Give them a chance to unplug! Children need to play outside. Time spent outdoors, away from screens, offers significant benefits. Mowglis traditional boys’ summer camp is a great way to get kids out of their rut. Our overnight camp program offers your son exciting camping activities in a safe, supervised environment and the opportunity to make new friends outside his usual social (media or gaming!) circles.
Kick Electronics to the Curb
If your child suffers from nature deficit disorder, you’re not alone. The average kid spends over 6 hours a day in front of a screen and less than 6 hours a week outdoors. Much of this is a habit – and it’s never too late to create healthier ones! We’ve designed our overnight summer camp program to inspire kids to step away from technology for weeks at a time, enticing them to get out and try something new. At our unplugged summer camp, your son will finally get the opportunity to put down the technology, stop for a breath of fresh air, and interact with the real world.
Try Something New at Overnight Summer Camp
At our overnight summer camp for boys on the scenic shores of Newfound Lake in New Hampshire, in the foothills of the White Mountains, your child can enjoy exciting camping adventures, exploring new interests he may not have access to at home. We offer a wide variety of traditional camp activities. Here, your son can observe wildlife, play in a sparkling lake, go fishing or rowing, try archery, axe throwing, or woodworking, hike in the woods, take in a beautiful sunset, and enjoy time around the campfire with friends, picking up essential (real) life skills while having tons of fun.
Reap the Benefits of Our Unplugged Summer Camp Program
Research has repeatedly shown the importance of nature versus screen time. Spending time outdoors at our boys’ overnight camp can positively impact your son’s physical and mental health, offering many rewards:
- Communication skills
- Face-to-face interaction with other humans builds essential social skills, helping your child learn self-control, empathy, cooperation, and compromise – the foundation for true, lasting friendships.
- Independence and self-esteem
- Being away from home, managing chores, choosing and learning new activities, surmounting obstacles, and learning to care for himself and others fosters a sense of worth.
- Improved sleep
- Spending time outdoors in the sunshine and retiring nightly to our screened, open-air cabins restores natural circadian rhythms.
- Balanced moods
- Time spent in nature decreases cortisol, relieving symptoms of stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Improved concentration
- Outdoor activities help neurons forge new pathways, improving cognitive and motor skills and lessening mental fatigue, concentration, and ADHD symptoms.
- Enhanced problem solving
- Away from home and your assistance, your son will learn how to respond to life’s challenges and find solutions to obstacles in his path on his own without giving up.
Make Outdoor Play a Priority
Break away from the same old summer routine. Send your child to Camp Mowglis and give them a chance to unplug. Learn more about our boys’ overnight camping program, or reserve your spot for the upcoming camping season today.